Help! I think my identity has been stolen!
- Place a fraud alert with the credit reporting bureaus
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289
- Click here to view a copy of the FTC’s Taking Charge checklist to learn what to do if you suspect identity theft .
- Visit ftc.gov/idtheft to access the FTC’s Identity Theft Resources website Avoid ID Theft: Deter, Detect, Defend.
The Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov) provides useful information about various aspects of identity theft on their web site such as:
- What identity theft means & how it can occur
- How to find out if your identity was stolen
- What to do if your identity is stolen
- How to protect yourself from identity theft
- How to file a complaint with the FTC
- Visit the FTC’s Website to learn more.
Protect Your Identity
Some other good resources related to Fraud and ID Theft
A bank with family values! We have been locally owned and managed since 1868. NVB has been serving the needs of northwest Missouri’s citizens for a century and a half.
Click Here to